Fremont Kiwanis Club
The Champion for ChildrenOur Young Children's programs help local organizations such as: Child Abuse Prevention Agency, Music for Minors II, Summer Recreation & Lunch in the Parks, Arts in Schools and Boy & Girl Scout Troops. Young people are our future and our most Young Children important investment In the community.
Our Sponsored Youth groups in local high schools and a local college teach the importance of community service. We're proud of these future leaders, their accomplishments and their potential.
We provide scholarships to graduating high school seniors in Fremont, Newark and Union City based on their community service and academic achievements.
Serving the community is one of our primary goals. 100% of all our fundraising activities go back into community service. Our Ducks for Bucks Benefit Race at Lake Elizabeth in Fremont raises over $40,000 annually for more than 30 local non-profit agencies and schools. We do not forget our seniors and those in need. Club members deliver weekly Meals on Wheels to homebound seniors and the disabled. We participate in the annual Tri-City Thanksgiving Day Meal program as well as adopt families at Christmas.
What is KiwanisKiwanis is a worldwide service organization of individuals who want to improve their communities. More than 8,500 Kiwanis clubs in more than 80 countries perform service beyond the capability of the individual by teaming together to provide assistance to the youth, the aging, and the needy. The primary focus of Kiwanis is “serving the children of the world.”
Who are the Fremont Kiwanians?
The Kiwanis Club of Fremont was founded in 1955 and is an active and vibrant service club assisting the local Tri-City community. Our membership includes fun-loving, caring community leaders, residents, retired people, and employees from a wide range of businesses. Our members are committed to the well-being of the youth, families and senior citizens of Fremont, Newark, and Union City.
How and Where to Find UsThe Club meets every Tuesday morning from 7:00am to 8:15am at the Hilton Hotel, 39900 Balentine Dr., Newark, CA. Each week we enjoy breakfast, a terrific guest speaker, and networking.
The Object of Kiwanis International
- To give primacy to the human and spiritual, rather than to the material values in life.
- To encourage the daily living of the Golden Rule in all human relationships.
- To promote the adoption and the application of higher social, business, and professional standards.
- To develop, by precept and example, a more intelligent, aggressive, and serviceable citizenship.
- To provide, through Kiwanis clubs, a practical means to form enduring friendships, to render altruistic service, and to build better communities.
- To cooperate in creating and maintaining that sound public opinion and high idealism which make possible the increase of righteousness, justice, patriotism, and good will.
The Kiwanis Club of Fremont’s purpose is to serve community needs, using The Objects of Kiwanis International as the principles of operation. The club’s community service is accomplished through members participating in service projects, offering financial assistance, and emulating the Kiwanis’ example in daily living.
- The Champion for Children
- What is Kiwanis
- Who are the Fremont Kiwanians?
- How and Where to Find Us
- The Object of Kiwanis International
- Our Mission